Hands Along the Nile Development Services (HANDS) is pleased to announce our new online seminar “Understanding Contemporary Egypt” which will explore Egypt through a variety of topics over the course of six weeks from October 2 to November 6.
Each week a new topic will be introduced and analyzed by leading experts in the field. The seminar will bring together speakers from Egypt and the U.S to discuss some of the most pressing issues facing Egypt today.
As an organization that has over 30 years of experience working in Egypt, HANDS is uniquely positioned to help share insights in trying to better understand the realities of “Om Iddunya” (“the mother of the world”).
The seminar will be available online and will provide attendees with the opportunity to interact with presenters through Q&A sessions. A nuanced understanding of the following topics can be expected:
- October 2: History of Egyptian-American Relations
- October 9: Economics and Development
- October 16: Energy and the Environment
- October 23: Generations, Gender and Geography: Structures in Egyptian Society
- October 30: Role of Religion in Egyptian Society
- November 6: Egypt’s Political System
(Speakers will be updated as they are confirmed)
Whether work, study or curiosity is your motivation for learning more about the region, this is a fantastic opportunity to gain a well-grounded and informed perspective on Egypt today.
Dates & Times:
Tuesdays: October 2 – November 6
1-2:30 PM EDT (12-1:30 PM CDT, 11-12:30 PM MDT & 10-11:30 PM PDT)
Register by 09/18/18. To register, see:
- Please ensure that you provide your email address so that we can send you a link to the seminar.