Attention all high school students in Egypt, Morocco, and Tunisia:
You are invited to apply for an intensive online training and exchange program with American students, using the See Something, Do Something social entrepreneurship curriculum designed by Yale University. The program duration is from August 3 through 21, with sessions taking place three times a week for two hours each. Hear from and engage with speakers who are successful social entrepreneurs from America, Egypt, Morocco, and Tunisia. The draft curriculum and a tentative list of speakers and facilitators can be downloaded here. Collaborate on designing your own social enterprise projects! Interact with students from the MENA region and America! The program is highly interactive. It includes games, quizzes, and intercultural exchanges between the students from the MENA region and American students.
- Interested applicants from the MENA region must be enrolled in high school (or equivalent level for students age 15-18).
- Applicants must be proficient in English (speaking, listening, and writing) as the program will be conducted in English.
- Students chosen will display a commitment to community engagement, volunteerism, and social entrepreneurship.
Be sure to include the following in your online application.
- Application form (here)
- One minute long video in English introducing yourself and explaining why you should be included in the program
- Two letters of recommendation
- Deadline: July 15, 2020
This program is being organized in collaboration with WorldChicago and was made possible by the generous support of The Stevens Initiative. For more information, go to:https://www.handsalongthenile.org/causes/youth-diplomats-social-venture-training-and-exchange/ If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Caroline Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org